Kolken & Kolken. Results-oriented immigration lawyers - specializing in Green Card, Deportation Cases and Temporary Visas.

Green Card through Registration:

more information.

Can I Travel Outside the United States….

…While I Am Waiting for My Application Under the Registry Provision to be Processed?

If an alien obtains Advance Parole from the USCIS following approval of a Form I-131, he or she may travel outside of the United States and return without jeopardizing their registry application. However, any alien who has accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence in the United States and then travels outside the United States is inadmissible for a period of 3 to 10 years. Registry applicants have, by definition, accrued long periods of time in unlawful status. If you are applying for permanent residence using the section 249 registry provisions, you should not travel outside of the United States without first obtaining advance parole from the Service, or you will be unable to return to the United States.

…If I Have Already Registered for Lawful Permanent Resident Status?

Yes. Any alien who has been granted lawful permanent resident status under “registry” may travel overseas and be readmitted as a returning permanent resident without having to apply for admission for travels that are six months or shorter. All lawful permanent residents who travel outside of the U.S. for periods longer than six months must reapply for admission at the Port-of-Entry.

How Can I Check the Status of My Application?

Please contact the USCIS office that received your application. You should be prepared to provide the USCIS with specific information about your application. More information is available on finding the status of your case.

Can Anyone Help Me?

We would be happy to help you.  Please contact our office if you would like to speak to one of the partners of the firm regarding your eligibility for a Green Card through registration.

<< Previous Page

Click here to see how we can help you.