Kolken & Kolken. Results-oriented immigration lawyers - specializing in Green Card, Deportation Cases and Temporary Visas.

Green card obtained through Montreal Consulate

Published: Jul 6, 2009 Source: My Source

Our client is a Canadian citizen. She is married to a United States citizen. There is one dual citizen child born of the marriage. The family was living in Canada and the husband received a job offer in the United States, and he didn’t want to move to the United States without his wife and child.

We filed a Petition for Alien Relative on behalf of the Canadian citizen wife, which was approved and had the wife apply for an immigrant visa at the United States Consulate in Montreal, which was approved. She entered the United States shortly thereafter.

The dual citizen child entered on her own United States passport, and the family was reunited in the United States. Because the parties were married for more than two years before the wife was admitted as a Lawful Permanent Resident, her status is permanent.

Click here to see how we can help you.